Saturday, July 25, 2009

House Renovations and Remodeling...



My house is "in progress" once again. It is most exciting when things are happening, and everyday when you look, something is new with the walls or windows. After many hours at work, I'd come home, in May and June, and be surprised at how much more had been done.

In July, however, it has been a bit frustrating. When a project has stalled, obviously my excitement stalls with it. I am the type of person who has to finish everything on my plate...in a timely fashion...no matter what.


On the bright side, here {above} is where the sliding doors will be, on each side of the gas fireplace. And {below} is where a big, beautiful front window will be...where we can sit at a cafe-type table and sip hot coffee...and admire a green view...or a white view depending on the amount of Lake Effect Snow come winter.

And, here's the exterior---of what you saw above:

It's a very old, original dairy farmhouse. On my to-do list is visiting the Town Historical Society to search for old-time photos. Imagine this place with horses and ladies in skirts, men in overalls, barrels, .... Though this place is over 150 years old, there have only been three families living in it. We even had one elderly couple walk up our driveway..to revisit this place...because they lived upstairs as newlyweds, in Mom and Pop's house.
Oh, the wonderfulness of history and lives past. I wished for finding old journals in these walls. I realize now, though, that the house is a living journal....with us still turning pages and writing new entries.
~Kathy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kathy, your house is lovely! I can't wait to see more pictures! ♥