Sunday, August 16, 2009

In Need of Decorating Ideas and Colors!

So, in thinking about colors to paint our newly drywalled living room, we are considering a warm golden-parchment-orange...

...or shades of green. Help me! Have any great, inspiring decor photos to share? We're talking about a lot of light coming in the windows and in the glass doors, and white frames and moldings...not wood.

Thanks for sharing! ~ Kathy
Click on photos to view:
Top pillow by ecokaren.etsy
Middle photo wall art by ChuckEBrydWallArt.etsy
Bottom Pillow by kainkain.etsy

5 comments:

Tattered Rebel said...

Hey.. did you ever see the movie.. with diane keaton and jack nicholson.. I think it was called as good as it gets..? well, she has this house in the Hamptons.. tons of windows.. and it is all done in a creamy white for baseboards etc... then the palest of pale sea glass green... I will find photos if you like... I am a pink and green girl myself... but if I lived alone.. ALL WHITE!!

xoxo

Kathryn Zbrzezny said...

You are the BEST! If you get the photos I will be in heaven, but if not, I'll get the movie! My favorite color is green (and I love it with pink, too, you!). I'm leaning toward the green now...

Anonymous said...

Kevin and I are planning on painting our living room a soft olive green color once we get the outside of the house done... I can't wait!

Right now it's brown wood paneling... gah!

As Good as it Gets, is a GREAT movie, and she's got tons of class in that beach house of hers, definitely check that one out!
;)

TheSingingBird said...

Oh, I love that movie and that house! But I think the title is "Something's Gotta Give." The color palette in that house is so pretty and soothing.

Kathryn Zbrzezny said...

I'll check it out, too! Thank you, SingingBird! :) ~K