Saturday, October 17, 2009

Where The Wild Things...aren't

I feel the need to follow up on my movie trip....

In my opinion, I felt that this film was not appropriate for young children or sensitive people of any age.

I LOVE the book and consider it to be one of the most wonderful children's books of all times. The movie, however, was dark and violent. I have always gotten a warm and fuzzy feeling from the storybook and its illustrations, but this movie was so depressing and un-fuzzy, that I left it bewildered and extremely disappointed, even sorry that children would go see it and feel worse about it than I do. I loved the costumes of the wild things! I loved the little boy, Max! But, I love the book and NOT the movie. Too bad...

2 comments:

lori vliegen said...

when you mentioned the other day that you were going to see this movie, i was looking forward to hearing your opinion. i read an article just yesterday warning that this movie really isn't appropriate for kids. why do they always do that? it's a popular kid's book, so why not make it suitable for kids to see in the theater?!! i don't get it....
:)

Martha Lever said...

Hi! I am so glad to hear your review of the movie! I am going to tell my niece to avoid this one for her three kids. She will be glad to know that before going to a movie that blindsides you with dispressing images and themes. I agree with Lori, what do they have to do that? Dark minds I guess...unfortunately...

And thanks for your comments on my blog. You are so sweet, my little Pumpkin friend!