Saturday, September 1, 2012

Saturday in my Art Journal


After a welcome back, several meetings, paperwork,
scheduling, introductions, unpacking, planning,
setting up, and labeling...all this week,

I couldn't wait to open up my journal and play with paints today.


Not sure if it's finished or what I will write.

My brain is tired
but my painted-on fingers are content.

The stamped-on word 'Hope'
was inspired by my goals of teaching my new students well
and trying to be the best teacher
I can be, for them.

I will meet all 23 on Tuesday morning.

Enjoy your weekend!
~k

8 comments:

enthusiastically, dawn said...

Do you have a post or video where you show some steps how to make this? Is it an altered book or sketch pad? I am absorbing all of the beauty here and at a few others who make similar art journals...thanks for sharing.

Eileen said...

Hi Kathy! Thanks for visiting! What an absolutely gorgeous page! Your work is so inspiring...in fact, I'll be posting a spread that I did after visiting your site. Stop by in a day or two and it should be posted! Love your work!

Shahrul Niza said...

Another gorgeous pages, Kathy. I LOVE all the beautiful pink colors used in your journal today, and before. You are brilliant with soft hues :). All the best with new semester!

DancingMooney said...

I love the pinks and greens, this is so peaceful and beautiful...

Valerie Sjodin said...

Kathy, your art journal is truly lovely! Your students are blessed to have you as their teacher! May you be blessed even more than you can imagine!

Diana Taylor said...

Beautiful, serene pages - I just love the colour combo and the wonderfully expressive painterly techniques. I also LOVE the selvedge edge - I use them a lot in my work and the first thing my friends do when they buy fabric is cut the selvedge edges off for me! Just lovely, lovely work.

Mia said...

I like the colors, the photo of all the edges of your pages looks cool.

Erin Butson said...

I love this page! Your daughter is beautiful. What a fun celebration with her. I've missed you too! I've missed the whole bloggy world. I love your journals, though. i love your commitment to journaling, to yourself & your passion. I love that you keep creating. Sounds like you are having a good year so far! xo,e