Thursday, December 31, 2009

Peace and Hope

My thoughts at the end of this year are going toward balance. Finding balance in my life, in all things. It may sound vague and lofty, but when applied to every detail, it is not a big blanket thought, but a series of small goals that I need and want to incorporate into all that is me.

In trying to focus on accomplishing what I feel is at the top of my priority list at any given time, I can easily lose balance with all other pieces of life that are important, though perhaps not as urgent. In the end, I put things off...seeming to be a procrastinator, when I am not. I just lose balance...for too long of a time to please myself.
So, when I am busy working eleven hour days, I will still make time to exercise my body.

When I am stressed, I will not accomplish more work for someone else every time, but will
find a quiet moment to breathe, focus, meditate, pray, read or write in my journal.



I signed up for Kelly Kilmer's "A Life Made By Hand" online journal prompt class yesterday.

I started riding my exercise bike again yesterday and lifting my weights-it felt great.

I run my puppy and smile at the simple things.


"You must learn to be still in the midst of activity, and to be vibrantly alive in repose".
~Indira Gandhi



I pray for peace....for you, your family, your loved ones in the armed forces.
And, if it's lofty, I hope & pray for peace for this world of ours.



Peace and love to you in 2010. ~K

7 comments:

Martha Lever said...

Hi Kathy!! Your post today is great and I think I will also do the same! It's about balance isn't it....balancing our art, our exercise, with our eating....our thoughts...our life!!! Thanks and I am sending prayers to you also and I think that peace to the world prayer is the best prayer of all!! oxoxo
Happy New Year to you, my friend!

Anonymous said...

Peace and Love to you too, my friend!

Lancerika said...

Some noble resolutions..
I wish you the best achieving
them all.. deer♥K♥
Peace and Hope for you
and our world as this new year unfolds..

lori vliegen said...

these wonderful things i wish for you, too, sweet friend!! here's to a new year filled with peace, balance, friendship, love.....and much creativity!! xoxox, :))

Cat said...

Happy New Year Kathy! Love your thoughts on balance and on peace - that which we all should strive for! Plus creativity, healthy, etc.... yes balance and priorities!

Be totally blessed!
L/C

Suziescards.etsy.com said...

Also love your thoughts on this & truly hope we may all continue to strive towards this balance.
I started focussing on this late last year & continue to struggle with it daily; but am getting better at it.
A friends' New Year's resolution is to "live in the moment" & I really liked that & will also focus on that.
All the best to all of oyu for this comming year!

Kathryn Zbrzezny said...

The best is wished to you,too, Suzie! Thank you all so much!