Sunday, August 23, 2015

Busy August

Summer always goes way too quickly. It was busy busy busy, but I wouldn't change a thing. Working full time for my daughter gave me such bliss...and hours everyday with my granddaughter, Andi. Love love love!




My favorite novel has always been The Secret Life of Bees, by Sue Monk Kidd. Now that I've read her latest: The Invention of Wings, it is my new all time fave. Have you read her books?!

Sharing great books is wonderful! I just finished The Beautiful American, historical fiction, and LOVED it too. Got any good ones you'd recommend?

Happy Sunday, friends
Love, kath

7 comments:

Createology said...

Reading for me is more of a dark niights Winter pasttime. Summer is waning all too quickly here also. Still praying for rain and an end to all the fires!!!

froebelsternchen said...

A beautiful page - lovely handwriting! No, I don't know her books yet.

Mary Brack said...

Love this page! I enjoyed that book as well. I'll have to read her new one!

K J D said...

Lovely page ....

I loved that book too and the film.... I will be on the look out for the new one!

I just finished 'Yoga Girl', not a novel but it was really great :)

Karen x

Unknown said...

Because I'm a teacher, during the school year my time is hijacked by grading papers and lesson plans, time for reading simply doesn't happen like I would like. Last summer it was Deborah Harkness trilogy A Discovery of Witches. This summer Liane Moriarty's The Hypnotist's Love Story and The Huspband's Secret. I put The Invention Of Wings on my to-read list.
I read your blog posts periodically but sadly I don't leave comments. I am working on doing better. for now know that your journal entries are inspiring and I appreciate them. Thank you.

Jennifer Richardson said...

I have loved quotes from that book for years, seen and swooned
over the movie, but never actually read the book.
Maybe this is soon to come.
I love that you got to work for your daughter this summer!
What joy:) Enjoy these last sips of slowness
before the school year gets fully into swing.
Peace be the journey, wonderful teacher, you:)
-Jennifer

DancingMooney said...

I didn't know that you worked for Mia this summer, what a joy! :) I love the Secret life of Bees, have it on my shelf as well. Definitely going to have to check out The Invention of Wings. omg! :)

xoxo