Friday, July 6, 2012

Back...and Forward

 Journal today.

 Added texture first with Golden's Molding Paste...


...and Dylusions spray ink
in Vibrant Turquoise and Squeezed Orange.


...a little bit of washi tape...
and a new cityscape stamp...
with Staz On black ink pad.


And it seems I always go back to my fave
fine point Sharpie marker in black.
It writes on anything and never soaks through.
Can't beat that.

I am SO loving my summer vacation.
I have to pinch myself
because it just feels too right to be true.

I haven't forgotten that there were many days,
weeks, months
when I thought I'd never make it.
For having been born in the winter,
I really am a summer baby...!!

Remember, my dear bloggy friends:
to take some time to do
what you love
even when you are busy working.
It's so easy to forget...

Much love,
~k

12 comments:

Shahrul Niza said...

I love this, Kathy!. simplicity with splash of colors. Love the black city skyline, totally gorgeous. I should like to try use white background soon. Btw, your necklace package is on the way, I mailed it out this afternoon :). Have a great vacation :).

Unknown said...

Amazing, once again. I just love your style Kathy!! You get so much done!!!

Anonymous said...

You are so right Kathy...take time for yourself even f it's a few minutes scattered throughout the day.
So glad you are deep in the enjoyment phase of summer. So many of my friends are teachers and it takes a couple weeks to unwind : )
-Lynn (love the colors you chose for this page BTW...my personal faves...and I have to try the molding paste texture...wish we lived near each other. It would be fun to go to an art store with you!)

Callysta said...

This is very cool. Excellent work

Createology said...

I adore that you are Loving Your Summer! These beautiful pages reflect that very well. Summer Sunshine and Popcicles Bliss Dear...

Introverted Art said...

Kathy, the texture on these pages is stunning. I love the city landscape, and the colors... I am a little jealous of your summer vacation. I once thought about teaching just because of it ;-) But I know it is such a difficult, trying career... especially now.

Erin Butson said...

So glad to see that you are making to time to do what you love!!! I love these pages, Kathy!

jgr said...

Gorgeous pages!! I really love your colors, and that texture is amazing. Glad you're enjoying Summer.

Jen xo said...

really lovely pages kathy and i scrolled down a bit and thought your watercolor flower painting was so good :)

Jennifer Richardson said...

i'd love to have a wall
that looks just like that page:)
you're amazing.
-Jen

Elizabeth said...

I am in love with the texture of these pages and they exude such a sense of softness and relaxation. Beautiful!

Kathryn Zbrzezny said...

Thank you!!