Friday, September 3, 2010

Beginning a New Journal!

Although it can be a little sad finishing the last page in a much-loved journal, it is so much fun beginning a new one! This is one that I got from Martha Lever. Isn't this cover gorgeous? All the fabric and papers and colors and fibers! The minute I saw it in her shop, I ordered it, and now it is TIME! Some of the inside pages were colorful scrapbook pages, and some are blank white.


The left side (page 1) was white, so I painted all over it with warm peachy pinks and crimson, shimmery gold, and creamy white. It coordinated with the colors on the cardstock page on the right...to start with. Then I did a little collage play. I've been dying to use fabrics, so the colorful horizontal scrap at the bottom is a scrap of cotton. I liked the patterns but mostly I loved the autumn warmth of the colors. The more vertical scraps on the sides are papers I liked.
Next, I used punchinella and white paint for the texture spots.

I used masks and dabbed white paint on both pages. I love this new criss-cross piece. I used it as a stencil first, then flipped it over to get the opposite effect.



And of course I had to use rubber stamps to add black and make flowers...and doodle swirls in teal colors on the bottom...all so much fun.


Not sure yet what I will write. I stopped after getting messy fingers last night, and didn't have the focus in me for words...yet.
Happy weekend everyone! ~Kathy xo

9 comments:

Nancy said...

So exciting to start a new journal....love the first pages you did....now to write, uh?

Have a great weekend....

Marilyn & Jeff said...

I love your new journal but I don't know anything about them. Does this journal have blank white pages throughout and did anything come with it such as fabric, papers etc? I must look on Martha Levers site, I have been following her blog and her work is beautiful. I loved seeing how you prepared your pages.

Createology said...

How fun to begin your new journal. I love what Martha Lever does and how smart you were to order this journal of hers. Your beginning pages are very warm and fall-like. Happy and Safe Labor Day Holiday...

Lancerika said...

Wishing you a long,
colourful
w'end, and as
beautiful as your new
journal venture:))

Liana Yarckin said...

i like your new journal and what you have done to the pages inside. i can't wait to see more!

Karen Kay said...

Love the beginning of your new journal. Have a safe and happy Labor Day Weekend!

Jennifer Richardson said...

Hope this is the most
colorful, peaceful and
downright gorgeous season
you've ever known!
-Jennifer

Gina Lee Kim said...

I'm so happy for you!!!! You're going to make this journal even more beautiful.

iHanna said...

Your journals are so pretty! A new journal is a lot of fun, I totally agree with you. Happy creating!