Thursday, September 23, 2010

These Full Moon Nights

Have you been able to get a glimpse of the September Full Moon these past couple of nights? I went outside last night to take Ellie out for her walk, and I was so surprised by the beautiful eeriness of the sky. Not only was the moon shocking, but we had fog...and it hazed down this incredible glow. It honestly looked like a movie trailor for a vampire flick. I am a devoted sky watcher. Last night was one to remember.



PS. My students and I were excited all day, and our Open House was a big success this evening!

Thank you for your kind classroom comments! ~Kathy

6 comments:

Marilyn & Jeff said...

We had the most beautiful spring full moon last night; I too am a sky lover.

Kim Franklin said...

Congrats on the open house. Full moons are always a great thing, I love the big orange harvest moon, sooo purty

lisa said...

ah moon-gazing is the most noble of pasttimes. it's just amazing, isn't it?

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy! I'm so glad your open house night was a success, and yes the moon has been lovely.

My grandpa passed away when I was two years old, and my mom has always taught me that he is the man in the moon... so naturally when I see the man in the moon, my reaction is "hi grandpa!".... :D

Jennifer Richardson said...

The moon has made sleeping most
difficult these nights.....and
impossible to stay inside if not
for the terrible heat we still have.

NO rain in all of September here.
Dry and dusty and parched.
Made for quite a haze in the sky, too.
Eerie is the perfect word.

Hope you rest well this weekend, Kath!
-Jennifer

Lancerika said...

It was quite an
spectacular moon sight!
golden and shimmering
like a giant candle,
*Harvest Moon*
Wish you a magical
weekend!