Thursday, January 6, 2011

Feeling It

...some relaxation after a very good Yoga night ( that I admittedly had to force myself to go to).

I'm S-T-R-E-T-C-H-I-N-G myself.  I am. I'm working on reaching out of my comfort zone again. Doing some things that are difficult for me. Lately, I feel a deeper sense of inner peace. I feel strong waves of gratitude. I'm feeling some feelings I haven't felt in a while. To feel is a good thing.

I remember, several years back, when I was in physical therapy for 23 months...a young man who asked me how I was doing. I said, "Okay; sometimes PT hurts".  He was in a wheel chair, and I had seen him try to walk for several months, getting up on bars and using his strong arms. He wanted to use his legs again.  He wanted to feel them.  "I want to hurt," he said. "I would love it if my legs could hurt."

I've never let that go far from my mind.  All these years later, I still think of him. To feel is a good thing.

How are you feeling?

14 comments:

Createology said...

I am feeling blessed to be able to feel all of me. Your story is heartwarming and reminds me that we are always so much better off than some others might be. Your journal pages are beautiful. Happy feeling...

Sherman said...

Your story is an inspiration to us. Thanks for sharing!
Sherman Unkefer

Jennifer Richardson said...

Oh wow....yes indeed.
To feel is good.
We can't heal what we won't
or can't feel.
Thanks SO much for this reminder;
Inspired,
-Jennifer

Anonymous said...

I'm feeling fine thanks - although I don't want to stretch a point.
Nice post. Thanks.

All the best, Boonie

Juls said...

so gorgeous!!! Love the soft colours and all those swirls! Hugs Juls

Martha Lever said...

Hi Kathy,
I love this background. I zoomed in real close and saw some wonderful purplish lettering and a flower. It is wonderful and I love the colors. I love this post and what that man in the wheelchair said. I think I would have remembered that too.

How do I feel today?? Well, I am feeling rather tired and lazy and I need to get myself going. Hummmm...maybe some coffee....

Have a great weekend.

Terri said...

Love the swirl - and the story.
come on by my blog and see my boobs.
That'll make you feel better.
<3 You,
Terri

beth said...

wow....i don't think i'll ever complain again if something hurts...that would have stayed with me forever, too.....

Unknown said...

Such a great memory. I am feeling tired and yet my determination is overruling it. I'm trying to finish my last sculpture for my latest upcoming show.

Anonymous said...

To feel is a very precious thing and we don't always realize it until someday we find ourselves not feeling... no matter what the struggle, it's always a fight to start feeling again, but once you find it, once you really feel it, it's pretty powerful isn't it? Love you, Miss Kathy You! ♥

lori vliegen said...

this is one of the sweetest stories i've ever heard......thank you for sharing it, sweet pea! i love all of the texture and yumminess on this page! xox, :))

Anonymous said...

i am savouring the my weekend, trying to ignore my chores (which will undoubtedly be done in a franic frenzy just before i go to bed).

Unknown said...

Such a great story!! Loving your page!!!

Lancerika said...

Cool looking swirly page*K*
I guess it is much better to *FEEL*
than not to feel anything at all,
being alive is to*FEEL*
the good and the not so...
it makes you wonder,
you are AweSoMe!!