Friday, May 6, 2011

Colorful Words of Children

You may remember this post back in March when I was teaching my second grade students how to add descriptive details to their journaling. Well, I finally photographed some of their "Favorite Color" writing pieces. I thought that you creative friends might like to see the finished products! These colorful paragraphs were full of welcome surprises. They make me smile, so I hope you enjoy them, too!




Well, I had a Lime Green, Pink, Purple, and Yellow to show you, but after spending over an hour trying to get them to show right-side-up, they STILL loaded upside down.
Truly, if you know why, and can help, please let me know!
{That is so frustrating! Argh...}

~k

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh that happened to me a few times too. could never figure out how to rotate them. when you do ... do let me know too.

i am working with teachers in a school this week, helping them think about how to help struggling readers. if you have any suggestions, i would love to hear from you!

Kathryn Zbrzezny said...

♥ I will! I will let you know...both! ~kath

Lesley Edmonds said...

This is so adorable. I just love the way children look at the world. I keep a book about my Grandson Jack and write in it all the funny things he says and does and the milestones in his life. I'll need to start one for Ellie, my new grandaughter now...

Createology said...

Hi Kath:
I don't know anything about upside down but I do know these descriptions of colors by your students are priceless. I especially love the "gray". Such an unusual choice yet so visually described. You certainly must be an excellent teacher my dear. Happy Mother's Day...

Kristin said...

Ha! How perfectly timed is that post! And the one below is about Summer, lol! So happy to have you join in for the Summer of Color - and thank you so much for helping to spread the word. Your art journaling is beautiful and I am lucky to be able to see more and more, xo

Unknown said...

I love it! Makes me think about the memories that colors remind me of!