Thursday, February 3, 2011

Hardworking Word...

So, my word for 2011 is "Stretch" and boy oh boy am I struggling!




I had to put Yoga on hold because my back just couldn't move properly when I asked it to. I've always been a very flexible person, but for some reason, for the past four months, I haven't been myself. That's probably one reason I chose the word Stretch in the first place (or it chose me). I felt compelled to get back my fitness and flexibility after a lengthy struggle with health in 2010.


Well, I'm in physical therapy and am working hard. But every day, I move like I am 85 years old. My Stretch-i-n-g only lasts hours, then I am back to square one. Like a tight rubberband.

I laugh when I look at this photo. I could do this move a few years ago, no problem.

Ugh.

I am trying really hard to ***s-t-r-e-t-c-h*** my ***p-a-t-i-e-n-c-e***.

3 comments:

Cat said...

I hear you! I did PT last year for my lower back pains - it helped so so much! I was amazed at how strengthening your inner core can help with the pain! You will do good!
This aging change thing just sneaks up on you doesn't it!
I'm also taking some tart cherry juice (totally natural) daily and it works as a natural inflammatory so helps with back pain.
Good luck to you!
Love the pic of Ellie doing her pounce dance in former post!!
Hugs, Cat

lisa said...

love this journal page! is there a bikram or hot yoga studio near you? the heat in the room makes your body more flexible. i'm two months in and have no trace of stiffness or pain left.

beth said...

i feel for you so much !
how's the physical therapy going ?
i finally have a bit of relief so the PT is on hold for now....i'm just doing traction and stretching and praying....

gosh. i hate feeling old.