Sunday, August 29, 2010

Abundance


It was a weekend of family and wakes and a funeral for 102 year old Aunt Mary. I was so touched by the service yesterday, that I wanted to share it with you.
One of my favorite words has always been "abundance". It may have begun with that very wonderful book "Simple Abundance" that I loved so much and that created a more grateful heart in me, but for whatever reason, I love that word.
Yesterday, in the church, the homily was about the abundance that Aunt Mary offered to all of her family: big feasts, big hugs, big cheek-squeezing kisses, big love. The priest said how Mary embraced the meaning of life was the way it should be, but that it was still nothing in comparison to the abundance that God offers us and the abundance received in heaven.
He said that the party hats and noisemakers offered by Aunt Mary still can't compare to the trumpets she hears in heaven.
This was so beautiful and comforting....and abundant with love and gratitude.
I'm sure I can never say it like it was said yesterday, but I feel the abundance of love right now.
And I am grateful for family and for friends...like you.
Thank you!
~Kathy
PS. Thursday's post was my 200th. So, thank you again for sticking with me and showing such support always. I appreciate you and your every comment.

8 comments:

Rebecca Anthony said...

A very beautiful post about a very special person(O:

Jennifer Richardson said...

Abundant love and comfort and joy and grace
surround and support and saturate you in the coming days, Kathy.....you're building your own abundant legacy and it's gonna be a BEAUTY!!!!!!
Joining Aunt Mary in cheering you on!
-Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Take care. My thoughts are with you.
Thanks for a very moving post.
Boonie

Mary said...

what a wonderful way to be remembered - a life lived giving abundantly. would that we all be remembered that way.

peace, grace, and comfort to you Kathy!!

Lancerika said...

We wish and hope
to be that lucky at 102..
Life is beautiful!
Congrats on your 200th.amazing!
Peace+Love always,deer firefly
friend..

Martha Lever said...

I love that word, abundance, also and we can only hope that something so wonderful could be said about us at our funerals! Congratulations on your 200th!!!!! YAY!!!!

Anonymous said...

Abundance. What a beautiful way to look at life.

Hugs to you my friend.

Unknown said...

Hi,

You've got an extremely great weblog. To grow to be a profitable individual the simple point is usually to have positive thinking. Get pleasure from Sky Rocketing Achievements with Turbo charged Positive Affirmations... Grow Positive Thinking So You are able to Get rid of Stress From the Life, Enhance Your Self-Confidence and Program Oneself For Lifetime Achievements!