Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Water Play


You may already know that I love to go on day•cations. I do. I love to take drives to a special vacation destination not too far away, but that feels far away.

Lately, I have an unquenchable desire to be by the water.

I am even reading Anne Morrow Lindbergh's Gift From the Sea...

Tomorrow, the plan is to go to the Finger Lakes in NY and spend the whole day at Canandaigua Lake...relaxing, visiting an antique shop, sitting by the water, tasting a sip of wine even.

I will play with my camera and journal.


I am beyond excited, like a little kid.



I even made a new set of fabric push pins, inspired by water and its plants, so that I could share a gift from the sea.
You can find them here in my shop.
What about you? Do you have stay•cation plans?
Or, any water stories to share? ♥

11 comments:

Marilyn & Jeff said...

What a wonderful idea - I love days out but never thought of them as day-cations before. i think I will adopt that idea. It's also wonderful that you are so filled with anticipation - I think that to experience things in a childlike (very different to childish) way is the best - to see everything as if for the first time. Enjoy your day-cation and I look forward to your photos.

Nancy said...

I love day-cations..just didn't know that's what they are called......I am so glad you have one planned for tomorrow and I hope it exceeds your expectations.....Take some pictures to show us.....

Rebecca Anthony said...

I couldn't agree more!! Day-cations are the best because you don't have to pack, travel far or spend too much money. Ultimately it's the most relaxing thing. This is such a great post and it's inspired me to plan a day-cation very soon!!

lori vliegen said...

your journal pages are the perfect illustration of great ideas (day-cations) brought to life!! i love your collage work, and your lettering fit around it perfectly! enjoy your time at the water!! xoxo, ;))

lisa said...

ooh i'm so jealous! i love the finger lakes. such beauty! you're daycation sounds wonderful.

Mary said...

day-cations sounds like a absolutely, wonderful, fabulous idea!!!!

soak in every single moment of it!!

Hugs!

Lancerika said...

We wish you a
shimmering day by
the lake..
Have FuN:))

Christine Clemmensen said...

What a fabulous thing to do! Day·cation - how wonderful. I hope the sea will whisper great secrets in your ear.
:-)
And I just adore your pins.
Have a grand daycation!

{little.happy.things} said...

Go to the lake, relaxing, visiting an antique shop, sitting by the water, tasting a sip of wine...umm, sounds soooooooo good! I think I should do the same this weekend, and instead of the wine, maybe some fresh juice for now~

Jennifer Richardson said...

Hope it was a beautiful daycation.
I'm ripe and ready to go daytripping
this weekend....need to put my feet in the water,
too!
Beautiful!
-Jennifer

Anonymous said...

We are heading out for camping this weekend. Hope your day.cation is fab! ♥

oh, p.s. I picked up a copy of 'Barefoot' hoping to get started reading it this weekend.
;)