Thursday, August 19, 2010

It Was Wonderful!

Thank you so much for your happy words and wishes yesterday!
Our Day•cation was everything I dreamed and more.

I hardly know where to begin or what to show you, so I'll give little bits and pieces so I don't bore you or overwhelm you! First, we went to visitor information, and I fell in love with this old building. Can you imagine having to go to work in here?!

Then we had a very decadent breakfast at The Brown Hound Bistro. I had German Apple Pancakes and Michael had French Toast stuffed with cream cheese and rolled in toasted almonds. Both with natural maple syrup. I was full for 7 hours.


Then, on to the neighboring winery and gift shop...

...and still down on the southern end of Canandaigua Lake, the Artizanns Shop. I was in heaven here. The artwork was overflowing on all the walls, the porch, the doors, tables, floors, stairs...paintings, photography, dyed fabrics, paper, jewelry, ...
..metalwork mobiles...
We'd heard a lot about this very natural and earthy winery and shop, Imagine Moore. It's new and is run by a young family: The orchards were breathtakingly beautiful, we sipped wine, and in the gift shop were Papaya Paper Products, even. I was smitten. I tried really hard to not come away with too much...
We drove around the lake and went to the Sonnenberg Gardens, but those photos will have to wait 'til another day (!). We had dinner on the north end of the lake, and here is the view from our outdoor table on the balcony:And here is my view across the table!

Isn't it beautiful? The drive home went quickly. We listened to The Beatles and Van Morrison. ♥ Ellie missed us. It was a very good day.

Wouldn't it be great to go away for the day, once a month?

9 comments:

Rebecca Anthony said...

Incredible, I'm so glad you had such an amazing day!! All those houses and buildings are oozing charm!!

Karen Kay said...

Love your day-cation. One day every month is a great idea. I would love to be able to go where you went.

Marilyn & Jeff said...

Thank you for sharing your day-cation with us. Your photos are wonderful so in a little way I had a photo-cation along with you. What a fabulous day you had, I am happy for you.

Jennifer Richardson said...

Enchanting!
And you guys are easy on the eyes:)
-Jennifer

Martha Lever said...

Oh my what a wonderful day! I lived joyously and vicariously through you while I was reading your post. You and hubby are darling!

Nancy said...

Oh what a fun day-cation...the buildings are enchanting and you can tell they are loaded with candy for the eyes....so glad you had a wonderful day to make sweet memories together....

Lancerika said...

In England it's called
"day tripping",which
happens to be a Beatles
song..
when is your next one?

lisa said...

*sigh*. so perfectly lovely.

Anonymous said...

What a picture perfect day Kathy, I just love it!
:)